HM Revenue & Customs ask a number of people to complete Self-Assessment Tax Returns each year. These typically include:
• Those running their own businesses (sole traders)
• Those in partnerships
• Directors of (possibly their own) Limited Companies.
• Landlords (who own and rent out property)
• Investors (with savings and investments)
• High-earners who are in employment can also be asked tyo complete Returns.
• Those with unusual sources of income or gains (e.g. income from overseas).
Whilst the HMRC website has made online filing much easier that tackling the old paper Returns, it does NOT tell you what you can claim to reduce your tax bill, and how to do it. This is where we will help.
If you have been completing your own tax return, then we will save you tax. Indeed, if you don't currently use an accountant, we would hope to save you more tax that we charge you in fees.
If you do use an accountant, we would ensure we give everything a complete review when we take over; a fresh pair of eyes to ensure everything is being done as efficiently as possible.
• Provide a written, competitive quote for the work to be done.
• Provide you with a clear checklist of information required.
• Prepare the Return based on the information provided.
• Ensure that all possible claims and elections are made to minimise your tax liability, or make maximum use of any losses.
• Provide you with a completed Return (and associated workings if required) in paper or electronic format to suit.
• File the Return electronically.
For the Tax year ended 5th April 2010, The 31st October deadline for filing paper Returns has passed. Returns now need to be filed electronically by 31st January 2011.
We will take the Tax Return headache away, and make you better-off in the process!